The African Small Mammal Symposia are organized every fourth year and since 2003 they are regularly held in tropical Africa.
The aim of these meetings is to promote the communication among researchers and students, which are interested in various aspects of biology of African small mammals (mainly rodents, insectivores, bats, afrotherians, and small carnivores and primates), which are still significantly understudied compared to their larger relatives.
Registration (early): May 17, 2019
Registration (late): June 30, 2019
Application for travel support: CLOSED !
Feedback on acceptance of application: June 30, 2019
Abstract submission: June 30, 2019
Cancellation fee of 50 USD ends: June 30, 2019 (no refund after this date)
Payments: June 30, 2019
Conference: September 16-21, 2019
Previous successful conferences were organized in:
- 12th African Small Mammal Symposium, Mantasoa, Madagascar, 12-17 April 2015
- 11th African Small Mammal Symposium, Kwaluseni, Swaziland, 3-8 July 2011
- 10th International African Small Mammal Symposium, Abomey-Calavi, Benin, 20-25 August 2007
- 9th International African Small Mammal Symposium, Morogoro, Tanzania, 14-18 July 2003
- 8th International Symposium on African Small Mammals, Paris, France, 5-9 July 1999
- 7th International African Small Mammal Symposium, Itala, South Africa, 25-30 September 1995
- 6th International Colloquium on the Ecology and Taxonomy of Small African Mammals, Mitzpe-Ramon, Israel, 11-16 August 1991
- 5th Colloquium on Ecology and Taxonomy of African Small Mammals, Rogate, England, August 1987
- 4th Colloquium on Ecology and Taxonomy of African Small Mammals, Windhoek, Namibia, August 13-20, 1984
- 3rd International Colloquium on ecology and taxonomy of African small mammals. Antwerpen, Belgium, July 20-24, 1981
- 2nd ????
- Colloquium on Ecology and Taxonomy of African Small Mammals, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, Sept. 19-22, 1977